Random thoughts on Authority
- - A man's words written or spoken is as weighty as is presence. That is, the American president doesn't have to be physically present for his authority to stand.
- - Thus, building on the above, proximity is kind of inconsequential in matters of authority.
- - Physical look is irrelevant to authority. Sometimes we look at the Policemen and we're like I could beat up this guy if not for his uniform/gun.
- - Authority is the highest form of power. It trumps physical power.
- - Authority can be resisted. In fact, it often will be.