Along with The Big Book of Rock & Roll Names, I picked up another book. For the bargain price of $2.99, I found a book published in 2014 called Life Hacks by Keith Bradford. Apparently, this guy runs a blog at 1000LifeHacks.com, and he compiled all his favorite hacks into a book. This is the first of a collection of my favorite hacks from this book.
Chapter 1: Technology
Chapter 1: Technology
- Running low on battery? Put your phone in airplane mode and it'll charge much faster.
- Accidentally close a tab in your internet browser? Press "Ctrl + Shift + T" ("Command + Shift +T on a Mac) to reopen it.
- iPhone pictures will be of better quality if you take the picture and then zoom in on the saved version rather than zooming in while taking the picture.
- Storing batteries in the freezer can double their lifespan.
- Putting your phone on airplane mode will stop ads while playing games.
- Forget slow double clicks! Press "F2" on a PC and "Enter/Return" on a Mac to immediately rename a file.
- You can press "1," "2," "3," etc. to jump 10%, 20%, 30% into a video you're watching on YouTube.
- If your phone battery is really low and you need it for later, don't turn it off. Instead, put it on airplane mode. Turning it off and on will waste more batter than keeping it on airplane mode.
- On Supercook.com you can enter what ingredients you have readily available and it will tell you what meals you can make as well as how you can make them.
- You can send a file up to 5GB for free online at PipeBytes.com without uploading it to a third-party server.
- Use 10MinuteMail.com to get a fake e-mail address so you don't have to use your own personal email address when signing up for things.
- When writing an e-mail, make sure the last thing you do is put in the recipient's e-mail address. This will help you avoid sending an unfinished e-mail.
- CMD.fm is a site that allows you to listen to any genre of music with unlimited skips for free.
- When opening an account, don't answer the security questions honestly. You'll actually protect your account and identify more if you always use the same wrong answers.