Tomorrow I will conclude three months of writing my weekly newsletter Be Wellthy. I would like to share a few thoughts about this experience.
- The newsletter was a great idea to increase my output and "add more resistance" to my exercise of writing.
- Substack makes it very easy to maintain an email list and publish emails and webpages. This site is exactly what I needed to take all the friction out of the process and allow me to focus on the content.
- I still don't know what I'm doing. There is a running theme throughout each newsletter, but I don't focus on any one specific topic. I don't have a formula or some set rules that say when a newsletter is done. That said, I think I may standardize the format so that there is a ring of familiarity with each issue. Having a template for each issue will also allow me to plug-and-play stories and bits and pieces of content that may not be substantial enough on their own.
- Most people are readers only. As with most other content, there are only a few people who provide any type of feedback. Substack provides some data such as views and open rate. I'm writing for myself and hopefully will find people along the way to build an audience.
- I'm not planning to stop.