Chapter 2: Food and Drink
- Have leftover coffee from the morning? Use it to make coffee ice cubes, which will cool your coffee down without diluting it.
- Run your bacon under cold water before cooking it. Doing so will reduce shrinkage by up to 50%.
- When making hard-boiled eggs, throw one teaspoon of baking soda into the water. The shell will come off without a problem once the egg is cooked.
- Insert a drinking straw into a ketchup bottle to make it flow out faster.
10 Foods that get rid of an upset stomach
3. plain yogurt
7. white rice
8. chamomile tea
9. chicken broth
10. aloe vera juice
- When it comes to staying awake, apples are actually more powerful than caffeine.
- The less you eat sweets, the less you will crave them. It's really that simple.
- To tell if an egg is fully cooked or raw, just spin it. If the egg wobbles, it's still raw. If it spins easily, it's fully cooked.
- Microwaving lemons and other fruits for fifteen seconds can double the amount of juice you get from them.
- Want to make a drink cold really fast? Wrap it in a wet paper towel and put it in the freezer for two minutes.
- Drinking a cold glass of water in the morning will wake you up faster than a cup of coffee.
Taken from the book Life Hacks by Keith Bradford